interior dome light stays on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is definitely a first-world problem, but this post is my last resort before I take this issue to the dealership which I would rather not do.

My 2019 eGolf has two interior dome lights (I assume LED) in the middle over the rear seats. Like so many other things on this car, I pay little attention because they go on and off automatically. But a few days ago while driving at night I notice these dome lights were on. I tried to turn them off with the flat switches near them. No luck. I checked to make sure the interior light dimmer switch was not fully engaged. It wasn't. I turned the car off and shut the doors and waited. The front dome lights and head lights (set on automatic) went out, but the rear dome lights stayed on. Only when I locked the vehicle did they go out. (When the car starts in motion you can hear the doors lock but these lights remain on). I did all these checks a second time and consulted the owner's manual. I can't believe I owned this car for a year and didn't notice those lights on at night--but stranger things have happened I guess.

What I am looking for is confirmation that this is normal behavior or confirmation that I should have the issue checked out.

Back