Recurrent wins NSF Grant to Study Battery Degradation in EVs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! I no longer have car-net and currently estimate usable capacity by charging to full, driving pack to about 10-15% SoC, and use the car's efficiency data for the miles driven to estimate usable capacity.

How will you provide a buyer with an estimate about battery pack degradation without a long drive?

I have really enjoyed my Recurrent - the battery reports have been very useful to say the least.

The battery reports without CarNet are intriguing. Something went wrong with my CarNet rendering it entirely unusable outside of occasionally being able to see battery stats. VW Customer Care has no ETA for fix and apparently it is a common enough issue on E-Golf that the rep I talked to said "let me guess your CarNet stopped working", apparently it is not an issue on the Verizon side but something in the car.

Well then I think it's partially useful information. Highway range is far different than local range, so does recurrent provide both or just 1 number?

Back