Id3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I would love to get one, I doubt VW will bring it to the USA. If Mexico and Canada drivers have also been convinced to drive SUVs that they don't need, then VW will probably never bring it to North America.

I like the idea of the ID.3 and was initially disappointed that they were not bringing the 3 to the US market.

That said - the added range comes from larger batteries and therefore I am carrying more weight. (not 100% right, 2019 e-golf 3.5mi/kW, 2020 iD3 4.2 mi/kW)

I have a 35mile commute, so why do want to drag around the excess weight. Furthermore, the e-Golf dash has simple clean lines. IMO ID.3 got in line with Tesla for a clunky dash.

id3.jpg

I get closer to 5 mi/kWh for much of my driving in the e-Golf. I would still take the larger pack even if it only got 4 mi/kWh, because of the much longer range, the pack cooling - there will be very little cell degradation even on long high speed trips in hot ambient temperatures - and over 100 kW charge speed.

Back