eGOLF 2017 with Electrical system Failure: Stop!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred

I had this failure early December last year after 5 days happy driving (549 Km) and until now still waiting for repair.
Unable to charge with red blinking light also after reset of the charging unit (at Home) tried the car to power up and the mentioned failure appears on the dash. The called VW technician could not solve it with clearing some faults in the system. The car was brought to the dealer with the tow truck. The dealer could not fix the problem and the car is transported the national importer they will start next week (#2) with their throuble shooting and hopefully start with the repair.
Does anybody has this failure with the 2017 models?

A few of us have had this happen on 2016 models. Typically in the first few weeks of driving. The forum thread below has some good info. My issue was a faulty JX1 module.
http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=369

In my 2015 eGolf Sel Premium - I received this warning. The instrument cluster also dimmed and it was apparent that my 12v battery was dead (I had intermittently received a warning about the 12v battery previously but this full failure was sudden and otherwise unexpected).

I was able to source a matching battery from a local VW dealer - they matched the VIN to the correct battery match (was not able to find an identical one online but the dealer easily matched it). By having the exact battery match, I did not need the battery to be "programmed/coded" to the car because the details matched the previous battery - dealer said they would charge between "$35-$100" for coding. Because I was able to match battery exactly I was able to do it all myself and no coding was needed.

Back on the road again and no errors or issues.

Back