Park Pilot is currently unavailable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4hhsumm

Hi!

New to the Forum, and new to EV's. Just bought a 2016 VW eGolf a couple weeks ago.

So far, so good! Really satisfied with the purchase, and thrilled to be using an EV for my commuter car.

However, I'm experiencing an intermittent 'Park Pilot is currently unavailable' error message when I use reverse. I typically back into parking spaces, so this has become a little bit of a nuisance.

I'm not certain what causes this issue, nor what fixes it. Anyone else experience this symptom, or have any suggestions? :?

Thanks!

Take it to a VW dealership. Video what you are seeing on your smart phone before you take it to the dealership, to demonstrate the problem, in case they can't duplicate it. Could be rear back up camera, or something else.

We recently returned a fulfilled lease on our 2016 e-Golf after 30 months.
Loved it except for the occasional 'Park Pilot is currently unavailable' – instead of backup camera.

Complained to VW and dealer. Had to live with it.
The car did not even have the Park Pilot system.

Solution – 2019 e-Golf, have not seen that so far (but only 3 weeks).

n6ac said:
We recently returned a fulfilled lease on our 2016 e-Golf after 30 months.
Loved it except for the occasional 'Park Pilot is currently unavailable' – instead of backup camera.

Complained to VW and dealer. Had to live with it.
The car did not even have the Park Pilot system.

Solution – 2019 e-Golf, have not seen that so far (but only 3 weeks).

@n6ac, how has the 2019 been for you? My issue with the Park Pilot is still intermittent, but seems to happen less. Just picturing the 2019 and imagining how much fun it must be to drive as well, but curious if this symptom persists.

@JoulesThief, that's a good idea to record it before trying to go to the dealer. I haven't had time, but may try to do that soon.

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Hi!

New to the Forum, and new to EV's. Just bought a 2016 VW eGolf a couple weeks ago.

So far, so good! Really satisfied with the purchase, and thrilled to be using an EV for my commuter car.

However, I'm experiencing an intermittent 'Park Pilot is currently unavailable' error message when I use reverse. I typically back into parking spaces, so this has become a little bit of a nuisance.

I'm not certain what causes this issue, nor what fixes it. Anyone else experience this symptom, or have any suggestions? :?

Thanks!
This is still my most common glitch/problem with my eGolf. I’ve just learned to live with it 😕

@n6ac, how has the 2019 been for you? My issue with the Park Pilot is still intermittent, but seems to happen less. Just picturing the 2019 and imagining how much fun it must be to drive as well, but curious if this symptom persists.

@JoulesThief, that's a good idea to record it before trying to go to the dealer. I haven't had time, but may try to do that soon.

Thanks and have a great weekend!
Wow, message thread from the past – I see that "4hhsumm" asked how the 2019 fared – well here we are at almost 5 years and still love it.
And NO ParkPilot messages.

Back