Resetting "Since Trip"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcane

Hi All -

is there a way to reset the "Since Trip" without having to go trough the infotainment system? The manual alludes to a reset button the windshield wiper but it doesn't exist. The Quick Start Guide and screenshots of the app also say to press a button on the steering column to reset the data but I can't find it anywhere. Is this just another error in documentation?

If you are looking at trip data on the center console screen (next to the speedometer), then I am pretty sure that holding the ok button on the steering wheel resets this data.

You have to hold the 0.0 button for a while (like 20 seconds), then press again to zero it.

Thanks all.. that worked. Didn't know you could cycle through the screens by holding it down...

The trip data eg miles, miles/kwh, avg speed resets each time you turn off the car. Each trip is saved in memory. not sure how many but it's a lot

The user manual isn't clear in that it shows the toggles on the windshield wiper when in fact it's been moved to the steering wheel. They also don't point out the toggles below are for changing the radio station

This has not been an easy car to learn all the capabilities

Ron

cove3 said:
This has not been an easy car to learn all the capabilities

Ron

Yah, shame that the manual is a shambles. Hopefully, it'll improve in the future...

The problem with the manual are:
1. Overloaded with warning info which makes finding function difficult
2. It's not exclusively a US e-Golf manual. A lot of the manual applies to gas cars
3. There are a lot of errors in it. I wrote VW with 3 pages of errors

Whats needed is a simple step by step check list which runs through the functions in logical sequence and with no safety/warning info. Starting with unlocking the car, opening the hatch, opening the charger port, etc

Ron

Back