A few questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sch3cter

Hi All,

Greetings from Ireland. I picked up my 2020 VW eGolf Executive Edition last week ( not sure if the EE is available stateside)
Anywho, I have a few questions I was hoping you guys could help me with?

- Does anyone know what the purpose of the front facing camera is? ( the one behind the rearview mirror). I thought it was for Lane Assist but my car does not have the option in settings for that. I do have High Beam Assist and Road sign assist however.
- The car only blows cold air. I had it at about 28c (82F ?) for my 1 hr commute into work and it kept blowing cold air. There was never any hot, so I used the heated seats instead.
- The Cat-Net WLAN doesn't connect automatically to my iPhone. Has any one else experienced this? I have to remove the iPhone from Hotspots and find it again to reconnect everytime I start the car.

Sorry for all the questions.

Thank you!

No EE edition in the USA . SE and SEL are two options.

1. I'm not familiar with this camera. Maybe someone else can comment.
2. Check the fuse for the heater or just take it to your dealer. Sorry to hear you are having problems so fast.
3. don't have that car-net issue. Reboot phone, reinstall software?

Enjoy!

I think what looks like a camera in the area behind the rear view mirror is used for the rain sensing wipers, but High Beam Assist and Road Sign Assist probably use it too. (My SEL doesn't have those options).
I expect they put common hardware in and use it for multiple functions.

Sch3cter said:
- Does anyone know what the purpose of the front facing camera is? ( the one behind the rearview mirror). I thought it was for Lane Assist but my car does not have the option in settings for that. I do have High Beam Assist and Road sign assist however.
Rain sensing wiper camera for the win.

Sch3cter said:
- The car only blows cold air. I had it at about 28c (82F ?) for my 1 hr commute into work and it kept blowing cold air. There was never any hot, so I used the heated seats instead.
We're you in Normal mode or Eco Mode? In Eco mode, the car becomes stingy with power to the heater.

Sch3cter said:
- The Cat-Net WLAN doesn't connect automatically to my iPhone. Has any one else experienced this? I have to remove the iPhone from Hotspots and find it again to reconnect everytime I start the car.
Connect via bluetooth? or via USB?

Back