2014 e-golf only charging when ignition on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi i had an temporary error, that now is become permanent. The car only Charges when the ignition is on. The Message( Error: elektrical system. Workshop! ) is on display. Has somebody seen the same behaviour, and have van idea on how to fix? As the car is Out of warrany, it is sad to trash the car, as the reparere might be more expensive than the value of the car. Even despite the rest of the car is in perfekt condition. Any idea is helpful, as i could fix Almost anything myselv on an ordinary car. Thanks in adwance.

Not seen this error. Maybe an independent EV mechanic can fix it and you can avoid dealer high prices. Maybe get OBDEleven so you can dig into problems more?

golf2014user said:
Hi i had an temporary error, that now is become permanent. The car only Charges when the ignition is on. The Message( Error: elektrical system. Workshop! ) is on display. Has somebody seen the same behaviour, and have van idea on how to fix? As the car is Out of warrany, it is sad to trash the car, as the reparere might be more expensive than the value of the car. Even despite the rest of the car is in perfekt condition. Any idea is helpful, as i could fix Almost anything myselv on an ordinary car. Thanks in adwance.

did you find solution? i have 2017 and the same problem but without error message. only charge with ON

Back