Cabin heating problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ingill

Hi,

Recently i bought a VW e-golf 2015. Can't say a bad thing about it but, I observed that cabin heating is not working.
I mean, the AC is normally working and cooling and when I turn it on hi temp it is also blowing air but not warm at all. I've been at service on a diagnostic and they told me that they need to refill coolant in the AC because it is lacking. The AC indeed is cooling little bit weaker but really little bit.
Is this really can be the reason that the cabin heating does not work? Appreciate any help :)

Does your car have a heat pump? If so, then heat pump provides heating until it gets really cold and then PTC heater turns on. What is the ambient temperature and what temperature did you set fir the cabin? Did you try turning the temperature setting as high as it can go?

Hi,

Probably it is as you say about this pump. I checked it like 3 weeks ago and back then it was warmer back those days. Yesterday i checked and i get a feeling that the air that is blown is kinda warmer. Today i will be driving back at night from work and it is getting really cold during evening so ill test it and write my observations for further generations :D

If you really want to know if the heating is working, you need to measure the air temperature coming out of the HVAC vents. Otherwise, your "feeling" may have no relationship to reality.

Which 2015 trim do you have -- the Limited edition or the SEL?

The Limited Edition doesn't have a heat pump. Assuming the 2015 is the same as my 2016 SE and 2019 SE, the heater takes several minutes to warm up.

Also per another thread on this forum, the heater doesn't turn on if the outside temperature is higher than 70 degrees Farenheit. That limitation might apply only to the SEL trims which have a heat pump, but I don't know for sure.

Back