Wrong way driver warnings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svento

I've had my car about 5 months now, and I've seen a pop up message (on both console as well as center display) maybe 5 times now about a wrong way driver on some road (usually in CA, almost never local to me). Does anyone know where the car pulls this info from? Will it show other useful messages like major traffic problems or amber alerts? Wrong way driver alerts are certainly nice, but it seems that in 5 months I would have seen some other alert if the system supported it!

I think it gets the Traffic Alert data from SiriusXM NavTraffic. My RAV4 EV has the same data service and it shows the traffic speed by color along major highways on the NAV screen. It also shows an icon on the NAV screen for these alerts instead of doing a pop-up message like the VW system. I did see a road closure alert in the e-Golf here in the SF Bay Area.

I've gotten traffic warnings pop up occasionally that are not related to a wrong way driver.

I get them pretty regularly. I had no idea there were so many people driving the wrong way on freeways I'm nowhere near. It's annoying and stupid and one of the many bugs in this car that need to be fixed. Mechanically I really love the car and the build quality is great but the technology is a gigantic steaming pile of crap.

I live in Los Angeles surrounded by possibly 100 freeways. I get about on to five wrong way driver warning per day!! Every single day at least one. Its pointless..... Is there a way to turn this off??

I live in LA and bought my e-golf in NOV 2014, It started the first day I bought it, since then I have received literally 1000s of these wrong way alerts.
At first I thought thy were legit but after a while I thought was not realistic so many people driving on the wrong side of the Frwy so frequently.
Finally, I tried to locate these hypothetical alerts on Sigalert.com - LA traffic report, on Waze or Google maps. They were all bogus alerts.
Frankly, they are not only annoying but even very dangerous in their level of deception. Tonight, I was driving on the 405 northbound and got an alert.
I read it and I kid you not! said: on the 405...North to south bound...El Segundo... driving on the wrong side of frwy. I panicked because it was exactly were I was driving towards.
Of course it turned out to be a fake, this time as well, but nonetheless was scary!

Why even bother to bring up this dead thread? Sheesh! Non issue, ignore it, press the "OK" on the steering wheel and go about your business. I get irritating text messages and email sounds from my smart phone while driving, and I ignore those too.

JoulesThief said:
Why even bother to bring up this dead thread? Sheesh! Non issue, ignore it, press the "OK" on the steering wheel and go about your business. I get irritating text messages and email sounds from my smart phone while driving, and I ignore those too.

Because the owner is sharing his/her personal ownership experience with the rest of the group. The fact that the thread is old doesn't mean it doesn't have value - especially in comparison to your last post.

Back