HabemusQuattro

Re: Confirmed VCDS Tweaks for eGolf

Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:48 pm

OnePerfectDose wrote:The memory is the last position. So shift to reverse and set your mirror position. It will remember that position.
It doesn't really work well. I have found it quickly loses where I set both the "R" and "D" positions, so I still have to adjust. For instance, the mirror should dip both down and in, but it only goes down regardless of where I set it. And eventually it is poorly adjusted for forward driving and I have to adjust it again.

As I understand it, swapping out the door control module for one that controls memory mirror/power folding mirrors will make it work as expected. This is likely why the feature was disabled to begin with.

Regardless, I keep it on as it does a decent job and makes parallel parking quite a bit easier.

vetaldj

Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:48 pm

HabemusQuattro wrote:
OnePerfectDose wrote:The memory is the last position. So shift to reverse and set your mirror position. It will remember that position.
It doesn't really work well. I have found it quickly loses where I set both the "R" and "D" positions, so I still have to adjust. For instance, the mirror should dip both down and in, but it only goes down regardless of where I set it. And eventually it is poorly adjusted for forward driving and I have to adjust it again.

As I understand it, swapping out the door control module for one that controls memory mirror/power folding mirrors will make it work as expected. This is likely why the feature was disabled to begin with.

Regardless, I keep it on as it does a decent job and makes parallel parking quite a bit easier.
It will not return to the last position for sure, you are correct, it returns to some standard position not that I had prior to the dip. I was reading about those modules and looks like it will help, not sure though as I will not going to do that anyway. For me it just matte to lower it a bit after a dip so I will use it as is.

JoulesThief

Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:21 pm

I have VCDS in N Los Angeles area, if anyone wants or needs to try these mods on their E-golf... much more familiar with TDI tweaks with VCDS myself. PM me.
2015 e-Golf SEL
2015 Passat TDI SEL
2014 Touareg TDI LUX

Full spectrum VW owner, life is too short to wait to drive for a recharge.

bizzle

Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:17 pm

I can't get the reverse dip to work either.

If I put it on R and in reverse it will dip.
But it won't go back up until I put it on L or 0.

It doesn't seem to care if I put it in D or B.

oke

Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:07 am

Hej Bizzle.

Try to drive a few meters. Then the right mirror should move up again automatically.

Oliver

Cbh123

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:32 am

Has anyone figured out how to set the hvac to keep previous setting and not default to 22C every start?

JoulesThief

Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:15 pm

Cbh123 wrote:Has anyone figured out how to set the hvac to keep previous setting and not default to 22C every start?
yes, do a google search.
2015 e-Golf SEL
2015 Passat TDI SEL
2014 Touareg TDI LUX

Cbh123

Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:40 pm

Obviously I’ve done that
I can only find adaptations for non electric golf7
When I look up with VCDS it is all in German and I’ve had no luck...

JoulesThief

Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:17 am

Cbh123 wrote:Obviously I’ve done that
I can only find adaptations for non electric golf7
When I look up with VCDS it is all in German and I’ve had no luck...
If you are looking for a solution, look around on page 2 in the tech section... I am sure the topic has been covered. you take it to the dealership and say a few key basic important words and it gets done.
2015 e-Golf SEL
2015 Passat TDI SEL
2014 Touareg TDI LUX

Cbh123

Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:40 am

I understand the dealer approach. They are a bit far and inconvenient fore me.

I have VCDS and I’d like to just disable the auto setpoint at home,

If anyone has the actual adaptations or coding that works I’d appreciate sharing that info or a link if it is available somewhere I have not looked

Return to “Technical Discussions”