Which wheels assist with Regen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpdLmtNA

A bit of a technical question :?: I am curious which wheels have the regen/recuperation devices attached. The reason I ask isn't necessarily related to me, but for those that drive in snow that use the "B" mode as a form of "engine braking"... are the rear wheels still flapping along for the ride, or are they also connected to the regen devices and thereby slowing down along with the front wheels?

For those in dryer climates , it's nice to know how the dynamics of the car are affected when taking a hard turn, or going down a steep hill to maintain full control of the car.

Like all front wheel drive cars, the rear wheels on the e-Golf don't do anything but friction braking, including the parking brakes.

Electric vehicle regenerative braking is just using the traction motor as a generator, so the driven wheels and the regenerating wheels are the same.

No matter how the braking is generated, it will have the same effect on the car. ABS and traction control will keep the car pretty stable, no matter if you use regen or friction brakes.

Back