Colorado e-golfs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a used 2017 e-golf from carvana (online dealer). I'm in Denver, any other e-golfs around? I get 7 days to change my mind, I'm a bit concerned about service if its needed. I've called all the dealers in town and they point me to Emich VW, but they said no.

Saranesia6 said:
I just bought a used 2017 e-golf from carvana (online dealer). I'm in Denver, any other e-golfs around? I get 7 days to change my mind, I'm a bit concerned about service if its needed. I've called all the dealers in town and they point me to Emich VW, but they said no.

I bought my 2014 Passat TDI SE brand new from Emich. Absolutely the slimiest dealership around, I would never use them again after what they pulled after I'd flown in to pick up the car I bought. Avoid them, at all cost.

A friend of mine that I've known for ever worked there as a service writer, and quit after 6 weeks, due to their business ethics.

I'd think there would be a lot of e-Golfs around the Boulder area, so the dealership there might be the most knowing.

Thanks for the info!!

I dislike dealers, carvana was pretty easy. Free delivery and I can get my $ back within 7 days, no questions asked.

Sarah

congrats, any reason you bougt a used one...You can get a new SE with DAP for $11-13k depending on your situation. I think CO still has $6k state rebate right?

Exploring the possibilities as well. I was told by Gebhardt VW in Boulder that they do service e-golfs. I assume that means they must have a certified technician on staff but don't know that for a fact.

The only way to purchase a new e-golf as a Colorado resident is if you also have a legitimate "clean state" address (like CA or OR). You'd have to register in CA paying California sales tax and registration fees first and then ship back to Colorado to register here.

Yeah, too much hassle to buy a new one here. CO has a $5k credit for new EV's, which gets cut in half next year.

I was considering a used AWD Tesla S, this was much cheaper and green (favorite color). I may regret the 2WD this winter but I can work from home if needed.

Hi there!

I just purchased a "new" to me 2016 e-Golf from Boulder Nissan. From what I understood from the dealer, they are importing them from CA following lease turn ins. Mine has 14k miles. Paid 16.3k for an SEL Premium. about 1k or so less than the ones Emich is listing here in Denver. Interestingly, when I talked to Emich the salesperson told me they were the only dealers in the area with an e-Golf certified technician. Maybe thats changed since you last spoke to them?

If you're in CO and in the market, the experience at Boulder Nissan was awesome. No pressure at all and my sales guy, Mike Moon was really very knowledgable so it couldnt have gone smoother. I have yet to verify this but from what I understand after a little bit of limited research, I can still claim the CO tax credit since it is the first time the car is being registered in the state of CO. I have not verified this but if so, it makers it feel like a pretty screamin' deal. And I love driving the car which is the best thing. Our apartment building even has a free level 2 charger which is never used by any other tenants, we are the only ones in the building with an EV. :)

There is a 2019 Great Falls Green in Colorado. Owner posted on a VW eGolf lovers page on fb.

I used to live in Denver. So will just say this: I get more range staying below 55. 45 is even better. The car seems best in town and kept off highways. But if you have a smaller commute and can charge every night, the highways are completely doable

GL !

Ihopethisworks said:
I used to live in Denver. So will just say this: I get more range staying below 55. 45 is even better. The car seems best in town and kept off highways. But if you have a smaller commute and can charge every night, the highways are completely doable

GL !

4 years now with my 2015 e-Golf SEL, and I agree with you 110%. 55 is ok, 45 is a lot better.... 6.3 to 6.0 Miles per kWh seen spring ,summer and into almost November at 45 mph max on BLVDs and city traffic in Los Angeles. YMMV, I'm a patient driver that doesn't subscribe to herd mentality drivers on our public roads. Surface street driving is where it shines brightest... I do just about everything possible to keep my e-Golf off the freeways here in So CA, now that I know what optimizes the battery cycles on my electric e-Golf. 24k miles now, about 6000 /year, it's my in the city car, doing what it does best, stop and go, stop lights and stop sign roads.

I also purchased by egolf from Nissan Boulder but from another salesman. How did it work out with the CO rebate? My research indicates that there is no rebate as long as the car is used :( Appreciate any news to the contrary!

reflex99 said:
Hi there!

I just purchased a "new" to me 2016 e-Golf from Boulder Nissan. From what I understood from the dealer, they are importing them from CA following lease turn ins. Mine has 14k miles. Paid 16.3k for an SEL Premium. about 1k or so less than the ones Emich is listing here in Denver. Interestingly, when I talked to Emich the salesperson told me they were the only dealers in the area with an e-Golf certified technician. Maybe thats changed since you last spoke to them?

If you're in CO and in the market, the experience at Boulder Nissan was awesome. No pressure at all and my sales guy, Mike Moon was really very knowledgable so it couldnt have gone smoother. I have yet to verify this but from what I understand after a little bit of limited research, I can still claim the CO tax credit since it is the first time the car is being registered in the state of CO. I have not verified this but if so, it makers it feel like a pretty screamin' deal. And I love driving the car which is the best thing. Our apartment building even has a free level 2 charger which is never used by any other tenants, we are the only ones in the building with an EV. :)

Back