Spam issues and software upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

admin

As you've no doubt seen, in the past week or two there has been a massive increase in spam attacks on the forum.

I am working at implementing software upgrades and more anti-spam measures to stop them.

The forum may be unavailable for short periods of time during this process - sorry for the hassle!

Mike

Thank you for doing this. New software looks good and blocking the recent rash of spam is also a good thing.

There might still be some spam in the next few days as I tweak the settings and figure things out...

Sparklebeard said:
Oooh it looks good on mobile!

Though I’m going to have to change my signature, my emojis are FULL SCREEN SIZED LOL

Fixed your emojis (it would've been a problem with anyone's images, not just yours!)
Mike

Ok that should fix it for good now - I initially just fixed the 'signature' area

0036a38ee34172ed0f9bfdd837ab2744.gif

admin said:
Ok that should fix it for good now - I initially just fixed the 'signature' area

Unfortunately, still gigantic :(

💩

Is there an option to turn off the custom emoji graphics and allow it to just use regular emojis?

Sparklebeard said:
admin said:

Unfortunately, still gigantic :(

💩

Is there an option to turn off the custom emoji graphics and allow it to just use regular emojis?

Sent you an email - my emojis are correct size can you email me a screenshot please and what device are you using?

Hey what's that I see today? Lot's of divorce and junk for various countries all from 7/23/22 :eek:

Yes - tons of spam! Even with many anti-spam systems in place, which means these are human spammers. I've started to ban whole countries (non English countries) because that's where most of these IP addresses come from.

In the last software and server update, I moved the site to a cheap server, and one of the reasons it was cheap was because they really provide no support at all. Well, turns out that was a bad plan. They are not helping figure out what is causing the sites to go down.

So, I contacted some people I know and managed to get recommended to another hosting company. This one costs more, but they have a full service package which includes support and troubleshooting for issues just like this.

I'm in talks with them, and will let you know when the move is planned for - although the site already goes down so much you might not even notice :D

Mike

Back