VW Marketing $199/Month for 36-mo Lease in 11 States

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1171

finally, it looks like DC/Maryland customers may be able to join the fun.... $199/mo for 36 month lease. $2,349 due at signing; Tax, title, license, registration, options and dealer fees separate. MSRP $36,415. Monthly payments total $7,164. etc. etc. Participating dealers only in CA, CT, DC, ME, MD, MA, NJ, NY, OR, RI, VT.
http://www.vw.com/dealers/vw-washington-dc/20814/section/special-offers/.

y4mGde21B0JWhJftOhEjixh1Imfmk692u04K8Rm6tWYNI_-oxpt2e2xK4_mlg1BsZgE6WCSKXL4cV29elirclE0GsrFmp1Td2jrnkyP-ceBFU90jDItaPAzw2R-5AVNC8Geqx4aw6B79QOEjt9MU7qb5scgny1rShRy8RYWxPG8XbbskKwvYiQh-nbzMb1lGG_8KXfpqOO3AHp6JXocy_JSzg

Despite this promotion, Rockville Md (outside DC) dealer rep stated on 09 Aug:
"The 2016 eGolf are no longer available (sold out). The 2017 eGolf are currently not in production and not in stock. The next eGolf production will be the 2018 model and we don't have any information to when the 2018 eGolf will arrive to the dealership. We can keep you updated on the new 2018 eGolf when we receive new information from Volkswagen the manufacturer."

This sounds very different from what West-coast U.S. dealerships are saying. Any insights on East-coast US hopes for the 2017?

They're not willing to do a dealer trade? Here in SoCal, VW Santa Monica alone has almost two dozen 2016 eGolfs, and their sister dealership Pacific VW of Hawthorne has another 2-1/2 dozen. Dublin VW in the Bay Area has about as many on their lot.

RonDawg said:
They're not willing to do a dealer trade? Here in SoCal, VW Santa Monica alone has almost two dozen 2016 eGolfs, and their sister dealership Pacific VW of Hawthorne has another 2-1/2 dozen. Dublin VW in the Bay Area has about as many on their lot.

RonDawg, that's my current approach...I'm not sure why a global company like VW would find the concept of a dealer trade new, or confusing. A sale is a sale. On top of that, 5 of the 10 counties with top household income nationwide, are within a 25-mi radius of the dealer. If VW wants to sell cars, they should go where the money is...

I don't think EVs constitute "a sale is a sale" in traditional terms. Additionally, they have to consider the cost of support. Are the dealers over there even certified e-dealers? Even in San Diego there are only a couple body repair shops that are certified to handle the eGolf and so a someone tapping my wife's rear fender while she was parked at work has turned in more than a month ordeal.

bizzle said:
Are the dealers over there even certified e-dealers?

Maryland and DC are the two states (technically DC is not a state though) where the eGolf is officially sold. A quick search shows at least two MD dealers (Rockville and Silver Spring) saying they sell the eGolf.

Even in San Diego there are only a couple body repair shops that are certified to handle the eGolf and so a someone tapping my wife's rear fender while she was parked at work has turned in more than a month ordeal.

There's nothing about the eGolf that requires special handling, except that the battery must not be subjected to the typical temperatures used to bake paint. Some shops address that by using paints that cure at much lower temperatures than previously. In the case of the Leaf, some body shops simply had a Leaf-certified Nissan dealer remove the pack for them.

Back