Price Check - 2017 eGolf - 17,500 OTD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a lot of activity here on this forum as of late. Hoping some of you can chime in and share your thoughts on the following. I've been reading about some buyers scoring good deals on new 2019's at dealers desperate to move inventory. Along with the Fed\State rebates I'm thinking a 2019 can be had for a great price. Regardless, the 2017-2019 have the larger-capacity battery so I'm not that keen to get into the latest and greatest.

2017 eGolf SE (white), 16K. Out-the-door for $17.5 in California.

Thanks,

I think it is a reasonable price. I'm guessing with Fed, State and local money, you could get a new SE for close to $20k. There is also the new Mini SE, with less range for less than $20k with all incentives, and the Mini has active liquid battery cooling (it essentially has the well proven BMW i3 drivetrain), so you can beat on the battery pack a lot more and not worry about pack temperatures. Best of luck.

I just picked up a ‘19 SE via lease. There’s a $5400 VW lease incentive for this month and additional dealer discounts plus $7500 federal rebate taken off too. Keep shopping around, you can get a new one for barely more than that used one.

Also 0% financing should you decide to buy new but I was getting quotes around 27-28K with 0% in the Bay Area. Good luck!

Yeah, if I were you I’d definitely consider the new Mini like f1geek mentions above. They look pretty sweet.

Good luck w your search!

Agreed that after rebates, you should be able to get a new 2019 SE for about the same cost as used. Back in February when we were shopping there were no SEs available, so we ended up with an SEL for a sale price of $31k and with $11.3k in Fed + State + local rebates off that. I suspected prices on the SELs would drop further if more SEs could be produced, and that appears to have been the case so it's a great time to buy or lease either.

FYI California state rebate checks are taking 2-3 months right now, but we did finally get ours yesterday. There's still funds left for the Santa Cruz / San Benito / Monterey county rebates if you happen to be a resident there and PG&E customers are still getting $800 despite the bankruptcy.

Back