Cant find certified egolf. 5 mile commute make it ok?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't find a certified preowned eGolf anywhere online (Carvana, myev, cars, vroom, shift, etc) or in Chicago/Milwaukee and nearly all I find have no warranty or 1 year left on warranty. Do online retailers accidentally say there is no battery warranty when there actually is? Am I this bad at shopping compared to all the deals i read about on this forum?

I have a month or two to shop and my commute is only 5 miles each way with a charger available at work (own an ICE minivan for longer trips and this car is just for work). Am I perhaps too anxious to assure a warranty and even a severely degraded battery in a 2015 eGolf or something will still serve my needs fine for 5 years? I'm trying to stay under $15k and cheaper the better but would have sprung to $20k for 7 years of warranty.

With a 5 mile trip, can I forego heater and heat pump in cold winter Wisconsin?
Many thanks in advance

I suspect most online car sellers don't know sh*t about BEVs. All warranties are transferrable to new owner, including bumper to bumper, powertrain, rust, high voltage battery system, and any other warranty I forgot.

e-Golf batteries degrade very slowly compared to Leaf (Leaf has worst deg of all BEVs), and especially so in cold climates. I would not worry about battery degradation if your car spent its life in the midwest. If you only need 10 miles a day for commuting, and say another 10 miles for running errands, etc., even without a heat pump, you'll be just fine. Being able to charge at work makes worries even less. I would pick a 2016 e-Golf, if possible, because you can set up charging schedules, preheating (which you'll like A LOT), etc. through the car's infotainment system - the 2015 requires a Car-Net subscription, which is a pain.

I'd just add, all e-Golfs came with an 8 year 100k mile warranty on the battery, so almost any e-Golf you buy will still be in that warranty period.

Back