VW lease price is $299 per month

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitchell

During the press release yesterday, Volkswagen let it slip that the lease price will be $299 per month. No indication as to the down payment, or mileage, terms etc...

$35,455, $299 month lease for SEL Premium model. Roadside assistance to reduce range anxiety. If the e-Golf runs out of charge within 100 miles of the owner’s home, VW will transport the car to a convenient charging station and cover a taxi to get the owner home. ChargePoint deal with 18,000 charging stations. Carbon neutral manufacturing. On sale in late 2014.

http://insideevs.com/breaking-volkswagen-e-golf-lease-price-299-per-month/
"We’re still hunting down the details…though we now suspect it may have been meant to only be leaked bit by bit at this time."

Via ievs.com:

"$299 Per Month
36 Month Lease
36,000 Miles
$2,000 Due At Signing"

http://insideevs.com/exclusive-2015-volkswagen-e-golf-lease-deal-299-per-month-36-months-2000-due-signing/

GRA said:
Via ievs.com:

"$299 Per Month
36 Month Lease
36,000 Miles
$2,000 Due At Signing"

http://insideevs.com/exclusive-2015-volkswagen-e-golf-lease-deal-299-per-month-36-months-2000-due-signing/

I just saw this on InsideEVs and came to post it, but you beat me to it!

Since the e-Golf comes fully loaded, for comparison, the Nissan LEAF SL is listed at $306 per month for 36 months with $2,399 down.

It turns out that this $3K down and $299. per month lease is not true. They say that it might be true later for the cheaper, smaller VW eUP. I just leased an eGolf for 36 months:$3K down and $513 per month. They allowed me the full $7500 tax rebate off the price.

tomstamp said:
It turns out that this $3K down and $299. per month lease is not true. They say that it might be true later for the cheaper, smaller VW eUP. I just leased an eGolf for 36 months:$3K down and $513 per month. They allowed me the full $7500 tax rebate off the price.

Hi Tom, thanks for posting your details!
Where are you located, and did you get through a local dealership or the VW.com website?

Maybe bacause the car is so new, but doesn't $513/month sound very high? The BMW i3 (MSRP of $44,000) is being advertised at $369/ month (with $4k at signing).

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/Vehicles/2014/i3/bmwi3/OfferDetail.aspx?NAModelCode=14IA&OfferType=2&regiontypeid=2

My E-golf lease last week in LA area ended up being about $4000 down and $327/mo with all taxes etc - not bad considering the $2500 refund check I will receive from the state. The car is amazing to drive - and seems to have significantly increased real world range compared to the Leaf we had been driving.

Dealers were notified of the national lease deal last Tuesday. Sounds like some of them are trying to cash in on the initial short supply and demand.

All up I got $340 a month and $3k down when you factor in taxes.

Purchased new eGolf in SoCal 11/11. $35055...$3K down, 4 year lease 326/m 10k m/y. Best deal we could get, could have got similar deal for 3 years ($316/m) but for personal reasons dont want to have to shop again for 4 years. Great dealer, delivered car to home to sign papers, made it super easy. Other dealers..."we'll add you to the list"....and "no way MSRP we're selling them for $2K over"!
It pays to shop around.

Congrats, was that monthly including tax? Did you get the wear and tear coverage?

Leased an e-Golf in San Jose this past weekend. $509/month after taxes with $1,800 down. We negotiated down a couple times and this was the lowest they would go.

We leased our eGolf for $345/month $2,000 down 36 months, 12k miles per year. Manhattan VW ask for Claus. Because we are registering in NJ we didnt pay tax.

Manhattan was listing a Urano gray metallic. Is that the one you bought or did you see it and if so, how does the color strike you.

Ron

Hi Ron

We test drove the Urano gray, it was sold the day before but they still let us drive it. I wasn't a fan of the color. It seemed dark, flat and without much character but these things are so personal. We were asked to select our top three colors, that one was not among them.

Thanks. There were similar comments on the German web site, but Urano in the EU is not metallic and not a premium color. I was hoping the US Urano being metallic as are all US colors would look better. I might have to wait for Limestone gray which almost no one seems to have in inventory

Ron

After visiting 5 dealerships, ended up going back to the first one, Capistrano VW, who not only were the only ones to actually honor the VW lease special without marking up the price, but also went out of their way (literally) to find the color combo I was after (Pacific blue with Black interior.
The sales team (Richard and Curtis) were totally awesome, as were the finance group. Ended up getting the lease Wear and Tear ($609 total).

Hey so for the EV I want as a lease, they want 299/mo + 2k down and I would only get 10k miles a year.
Does anyone remember what the original deal is from VW?
I was thinking it should be 12k miles / year.

In South CA it's posted as 10k/ year - here is the link: http://www.vwdealer.com/SouthernCalifornia

click "View Legal" to see the fine print - "$0.20/per mile over 30,000 miles"

Back