Maintenance question for leasing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lease agreement says I must "service and maintain it as recommended", "maintain it as recommended by the manufacturer" and "maintain the Vehicle so that any warranties or similar agreements remain effective", and am "responsible for paying all costs of the Vehicles service, repair and maintenance"

So yes, you need to pay for it. Every 10k miles or 1 year, which ever comes first.

Can anyone share their maintenance experience with a VW dealer? I am approaching 10k miles. Given that the first 10k inspection only requires brake pad and windshield fluid check, do I need to take it to a VW dealer?

If you did your 10k at a dealer, how much did it cost? How long did it take? Does it make a difference which dealer I take it to? My closest dealer is Pacific VW in Hawthorne, CA. Thanks!

Your first 10k service, at least for 2015's is covered by VW. Beyond that, every 10k miles, you need to have the battery checked and verified, for warranty coverage. Read your Owners Manual, on the Service manual too, to see what you need to do.

My observations with VW are to set up an appointment for service to be performed, and I try to set mine up to be done first thing in the morning, before any lines start forming, if it's routine maintenance.

I would think that because VW of Santa Monica sells so many more e-Golfs, that by now, they have performed a lot of services on them by now, and are probably quite proficient at it. YMMV.

butcho323 said:
Can anyone share their maintenance experience with a VW dealer? I am approaching 10k miles. Given that the first 10k inspection only requires brake pad and windshield fluid check, do I need to take it to a VW dealer?

If you did your 10k at a dealer, how much did it cost? How long did it take? Does it make a difference which dealer I take it to? My closest dealer is Pacific VW in Hawthorne, CA. Thanks!
When I took ours in for the free 10k service, there was also a recall, so I had them do everything in one visit. Now we have a steering wheel squeak, so we'll see if that bugs us enough for a dedicated visit, or we will just wait until the next 10k comes around.

I am in NorCal and leased and service the e-Golf at Sunnyvale VW.

I took my 2016 eGolf SE to Pacific VW in Hawthorne for its 1 year maintenance. It was not free but the cost was minimal. They did a tire rotation ($19) and a full inspection ($0). I have 12mm on the front brake pads and 10mm on the rear pads. I'm not sure how much I used over the 1 year but the tech said I had plenty of pad remaining. I drive the car in B mode all the time so I'm assuming I rarely use the brake pads. The rest of the inspection sheet had half of the components crossed off as N/A (e.g. engine air filter, exhaust, belts, power steering fluid, etc)

So far I'm loving the minor maintenance requirements of my first EV.

Back