New Audi e-tron

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somewhere between Q5 and Q7 size... 95kWh battery. 70,000 pounds, in England. I'm guessing about 5500 lbs, curb weight.

JoulesThief said:
Somewhere between Q5 and Q7 size... 95kWh battery. 70,000 pounds, in England. I'm guessing about 5500 lbs, curb weight.

Will start at $74,800 here and go up to just past $86k for a "First Edition" model.

RonDawg said:
JoulesThief said:

Will start at $74,800 here and go up to just past $86k for a "First Edition" model.

Going to need a new house, or new electrical system, no way I can do 20 kWh off my main panel.... whole townhouse is 240V 100 amp main breaker. You'd need just that alone to run two charger packs on this, and they'd be pulling 80 amps off a 100 amp dedicated circuit, to recharge in 4 hours.

1000 kWh free, maybe 12 to 15 drives long range with a free charge. What's electricity going to cost to supply those 150 kWh speed charger? That's a serious big gulp of juice.

Not really. Tesla superchargers already operate at 120 kW. I don't see 150 kW is only 25% more power. Maybe Electify America will use batteries to help reduce demand charges. Those german engineers know what they are doing - they are smart, too. And the engineers who know how to cheat on diesel emission tests won't get to use their knowledge for this project.

Back