Bolt gets EPA range rating of 238 miles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a game changer! Especially with 238 miles (instead of barely above 200), this will change the perception of electric cars.

It certainly puts a ceiling on the prices manufacturers can demand for 120-mile EVs coming in the next few months, to say nothing of the 80-mile EVs.

I'm expecting that if I want to buy out my eGolf lease in a bit over two years from now, VW will be willing to bargain, because there is no way the price for a 2015 SEL in late 2018 is going to be close to the $13K residual on my lease.

stevestrange said:
It certainly puts a ceiling on the prices manufacturers can demand for 120-mile EVs coming in the next few months, to say nothing of the 80-mile EVs.

I'm expecting that if I want to buy out my eGolf lease in a bit over two years from now, VW will be willing to bargain, because there is no way the price for a 2015 SEL in late 2018 is going to be close to the $13K residual on my lease.

As the EVSE infrastructure continues to be built out, an 80 mile EV will be less limited in range, and more convenient.

It is great that California is funding fast charging to the tune of $10 million.

http://www.energy.ca.gov/contracts/GFO-15-601_NOPA.pdf

Not only does the mild weather help EV range, but we have a state government that promotes EVs in a variety of ways (like the $2500 rebate that many of us have received). For that matter, the Feds also help by chucking in another $7500 rebate.

It is nice to see that in addition to subsidizing oil heavily, our government is also subsidizing the use of American sourced fuel (with more and more renewables being used to generate electricity every day) for EV transportation.

Back