Whole Foods really needs to blow their parking lot...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMC2015

IMG_6628.jpg

There was no where to park, there were Leafs everywhere!

I'd recommend you use the PlugShare app, its fairly accurate in informing you on charger status'.

To your comment - yes, there are substantially more Leafs compared to eGolfs...we'll catch up sometime as the eGolf is currently a better car when compared to the Leaf.

If the Leafs upset you, wait 'till you find the Volts or other Hybrid Electrics fully charged and still parked on the slots...that's upsetting.

Jlo said:
If the Leafs upset you, wait 'till you find the Volts or other Hybrid Electrics fully charged and still parked on the slots...that's upsetting.

We have folks that work at shopping malls with Hybrid Volts and Prius's that park 8 hours in the EV parking spot, their whole 7. 5 hour shift and the half hour lunch break they get, daily. The complaints are never ending. These are charging fill up stations, not parking stalls for shift workers. Go try parking at the gas station pump for 8 hours and see where that gets you.

I can't wait for BEV signs for cars with white stickers only to go in and PHEV's get towed away with their green stickers, some of them just don't get it.

Take pictures of the offending vehicles and their license plate, and post it up on PlugShare, to shame them into compliance.

I like the "shame" idea...but folks who do that kinda crap are plain shameless, they just don't care, raised wrong, millenials, jerks and very few actually did just forget to unplug...you choose the reason shaming them doesn't matter. I'll tell you what would matter, hit their pocket.

Here's how:
1. Tow, really...tow the damn car if its parked for 30 minutes pass the max charge time.
2. Require driver to put up a credit card to unlock the charger, if driver goes past the free max charge time, fine them $20...that'll get cars moving.
3. Charge. Plainly, just charge some fee for the privilege to use the charger.

#2 is my favorite...as we all know that even using the most expensive DC charging service only costs $11...$20 would hurt! I won't take the credit, I get free charging at work, the wonderful building management folks came up with that idea and it works VERY VERY well.

(extra note, I have nothing against millennials, I just thought it would be comical to throw it in there so don't post blowback comments on that)

The Target store in Fremont has chargers have 2 hours free, then they start charging $2/hour. I think it keeps charging for the time even if you aren't actively charging but the charger is connected. Brilliant.

http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/7563

miimura said:
The Target store in Fremont has chargers have 2 hours free, then they start charging $2/hour. I think it keeps charging for the time even if you aren't actively charging but the charger is connected. Brilliant.

http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/7563

You think it keeps billing for the time in the parking lot for anything over 2 hours in the spot.

It's wrong to call it a parking spot, people need to disassociate "parking" with "filling up the level of charge in your battery" . First function is to charge, parking is not the main feature of the location where your car is stopped for a couple of hours.

I don't feel $2 is enough to remove the incentive of people misusing the charging space for a parking spot.

I recently read an article on "charging rage" from the New York Times...according to the article and my own opinion judging on the number of EVs I'm seeing, the lack of chargers are gonna create a large problem if the infrastructure doesn't catch up to the EV sales volume. I don't know how NY Times got the numbers but they're saying there are 10 cars for every charger.

Anyone here got some connection to Gov. Brown's office? CA pays BIG incentives to the EV Charging networks, let's get a petition going to implement a "Charging Only" bill, apply pressure to the EV Charging networks to implement a charge for people who stay hooked up for longer then the allowed max, then use that revenue to build more charging stations!

I believe the best location for a high speed chip level 3 charger would be in front of a fast food restaurant 20 minutes max go and get your food eat get out

In all fairness, this experience was good. Within 10 minutes one of them moved and I could access one the CCS chargers.

I only meant to make a Fall EV pun.

a Hospital here has a few EV charge locations , always occupied by Doctors with their Teslas ... free parking and a spot to charge their car , life is good ;-)

Back