Upgraded wheel picture request...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d like to see if anyone out there has upgraded their wheels using other golf 17 or 18 inch wheels, etc. There was an e-golf for sale recently with bbs wheels. It looked great, I’m hoping that the owner of that car participates in this forum and posts his car picture...

i am planning in the future to upgrade to 17 inch rims to lessen the tire height for better handling . once i switch i will post pictures.

We just purchased a 2015 Jetta Hybrid SEL Premium with the 17" 'Buenos Aires' wheels on it. Come spring, when I'm taking all of our winter wheels/tires off our cars - my e-Golf is going to get the 17" Buenos Aires wheels and her Jetta Hybrid will get the 16" e-Golf "Astana" wheels.

I'll post pics when I swap them in March/April.

I got these wheels off E-Bay a couple of months ago. They're Jetta wheels, but I can't tell you what generation. Same size as the stock wheels, so I just remounted the OEM Bridgestone's. The only problem was the OEM center caps were loose and wouldn't go in tight. So I ordered replacement (reproduction) 52mm center caps from Amazon. They fit perfectly. No issues with range or anything else. I have not noticed any difference from the OEM wheels, and these look a lot better.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjF0E8bFmzXYhNM9XEcacd7MHrM4Kw

Image7801 said:
I got these wheels off E-Bay a couple of months ago. They're Jetta wheels, but I can't tell you what generation. Same size as the stock wheels, so I just remounted the OEM Bridgestone's. The only problem was the OEM center caps were loose and wouldn't go in tight. So I ordered replacement (reproduction) 52mm center caps from Amazon. They fit perfectly. No issues with range or anything else. I have not noticed any difference from the OEM wheels, and these look a lot better.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjF0E8bFmzXYhNM9XEcacd7MHrM4Kw

My neighbour has a Mk6 GLI with those same wheels, so I would hazard a guess that its Mk6.

48063098576_5b92f4f6fd_z.jpg

Not VW stock wheels, but I put these 16" Konigs on recently and will add lowering springs this weekend. 225/50/16 Sumitomo HTR tires. Good cheap light combo, really ups the cornering grip!

Edit: here it is lowered on H&R sport springs. (I chose H&R because they actually have a dedicated part number for the e-Golf: 28843-11.)
48089227847_cdb8aed560_z.jpg

Back