How I avoid getting ICED in my own driveway in winter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manybees

I live in New England, and we don't have a garage. I got tired of my e-Golf's charging port getting filled with ice and snow every time we have a winter storm, and I happen to be plugged in in our driveway. So I ordered one of these from a place up in Quebec. Uses magnets to attach to the car and a velcro flap to seal the cord entry. Looks a little clunky, but it works like a charm.

p.png

I read somewhere that applying Sodium chloride or rock salt on your driveway can help melt ice/snow.

manybees said:
I live in New England, and we don't have a garage. I got tired of my e-Golf's charging port getting filled with ice and snow every time we have a winter storm, and I happen to be plugged in in our driveway. So I ordered one of these from a place up in Quebec. Uses magnets to attach to the car and a velcro flap to seal the cord entry. Looks a little clunky, but it works like a charm.

The image isn't showing up. Maybe add a link instead?

As for me, I went to my local big-box hardware store and bought a couple of magnets the size of my thumb. I then wrapped and sewed them into a microfiber cloth (to prevent scratches) that is long enough that it hangs down to almost the wheel well. With the "gas" cap closed onto the pistol, it's pinched in place and stays even in a wind. I can then yank it off, give it a shake, and store it easily in the trunk. When it gets wet, it hang dries quickly. Works like a charm. it's even in my wife's favourite colour!
Jon.

Please share a link to this device and a picture of the homemade protective cloth. Thank you

Back