What is the best exterior color?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okaycoral

I'm not excited about any of the color options. I like light colors but the white exterior with black interior looks so utilitarian. I have to have a black interior because the dealer is telling me I can only get the beige in the SEL and its not worth the $$.

I'm wondering if the blue color will grow on me. At least it could be easier to find my car in the Costco parking lot. Currently I have a silver SUV and its very hard to spot.

If you live where it's hot, white is a great color.

Black and dark blue will roast the plastic interior plastic parts on these cars if you park outdoors in the elements.

Dark colors look dirty, almost all the time, unless just washed in the past couple of hours. They show all the dings, scratches and dust, dirt and pollen.

Buy what makes you happy, I'm not interested any more in maintenance required or time consumed keeping a dark car looking clean, that's for kids and youngsters. Don't like waiting at car washes either.

My 2015 eGolf's color is Pacific Blue and I absolutely love it:

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fmarkewing%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F02%2FeGolf-REAR-CANYON-1940x1396.jpg

egolf-3.jpg

(not my car, but images I stole off the internet)

As far as the interior heating up, I find that's more due to the black interior color than the dark outside color. I would have loved to have the tan interior but I couldn't find one by the time I got my car. I park in a garage both at home and work so it stays out of the sun most of the time anyway, plus my windows are tinted (dark for the back 3, CA-compliant clear IR-reflecting film for the front).

Yeah it shows dirt but not as bad as black.

Thank you for the photos. That is a beautiful color!! Unfortunately its not available in the 2019 model year.

Unfortunately e-Golf is apparently only available in the following colours now:

0% grey
grey
shiny grey
100% extreme grey

Apparently now VW only believes you’re allowed fun colours if you buy a Golf R or a Rabbit. Or are one of the two people who found a Great Falls Green e-Golf before the fun police showed up in Wolfsburg :lol:

Sparklebeard said:
Or are one of the two people who found a Great Falls Green e-Golf before the fun police showed up in Wolfsburg :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen:

I agree on the colors. I was hard walking around the dealership and seeing pretty colors and knowing I was driving off a white car. Years ago I bought a new Passatt. V6 "Fresca Green" with a light gray leather interior. I paid $2K more more those colors and was happy every day that I had found that car.
Of course it came with electrical problems that took months to resolve. Every third or fourth time I went to drive it the windshield wipers would turn on with the car and there was no way to turn them off.

For the record....a beautiful metallic Atlantic Blue is available for 2019
https://www.vw.com/models/e-golf/section/colors/

I'm kind of partial to the white-silver color. Not quite as generic as pure white, and with a nice grayish/blue-ish tint to it. Not necessarily my favorite color (the green would've been nice), but I don't feel as if it's totally and completely boring.

Pic found on the Internet:

144882-cars-review-volkswagen-egolf-lead-image1-x8gmldrj4v.jpg

Well if the SPEKTRUM colours were available for e-Golf i would absolutely have got metallic magenta.

But I think the deep black pearl is the best looking colour on a golf; it’s just next to impossible to keep a black car looking good.

okaycoral said:
I'm not excited about any of the color options. I like light colors but the white exterior with black interior looks so utilitarian. I have to have a black interior because the dealer is telling me I can only get the beige in the SEL and its not worth the $$.

I'm wondering if the blue color will grow on me. At least it could be easier to find my car in the Costco parking lot. Currently I have a silver SUV and its very hard to spot.

Great Falls Green

Sparklebeard said:
Unfortunately e-Golf is apparently only available in the following colours now:

0% grey
grey
shiny grey
100% extreme grey

I love your color descriptions. I am not a fan of gray/silver cars, so that excluded 3 of six US color voices. I got a white one because it was available first, though blue was my first choice, and I am quite happy with that.

I do have a question; I found an online doc from Canada that showed 18 color choices, were there actually this many choices in Canada? (Second question) why not in the USofA?

Roy

https://vw-website-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/vw-modelspages-18/assets/documents/2019/egolf/BuyersGuide_2019_eGolf.pdf

RonDawg said:
My 2015 eGolf's color is Pacific Blue and I absolutely love it:

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fmarkewing%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F02%2FeGolf-REAR-CANYON-1940x1396.jpg

egolf-3.jpg

(not my car, but images I stole off the internet)

As far as the interior heating up, I find that's more due to the black interior color than the dark outside color. I would have loved to have the tan interior but I couldn't find one by the time I got my car. I park in a garage both at home and work so it stays out of the sun most of the time anyway, plus my windows are tinted (dark for the back 3, CA-compliant clear IR-reflecting film for the front).

Yeah it shows dirt but not as bad as black.

so beautiful color, i like your choice

Back