Latest broken Car-Net update

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfennell

I was prompted to enter my user info this morning and re-regsiter my phone. Now "No vehicle is assigned to your account".

The web site still works.

Do they test this stuff at all?

This is what happens when large telcos (Verizon in this case) try to do software development and IT services. They never cease to deliver a flaming pile of garbage.

johnnylingo said:
This is what happens when large telcos (Verizon in this case) try to do software development and IT services. They never cease to deliver a flaming pile of garbage.
I prefer to think it's VW's fault.

There is also evidence that VW has actually taken over development of the app now. When the new app was released, people wrote to the old developer (affiliated with Verizon Telematics) and he said that they were not the responsible party any longer.

Maybe this is coincidence but I had recently cleared cache on my phone and was having this "no vehicle registered" problem. Every time I launched the app I would have to re-register. When I uninstalled the app and re-installed it everything worked fine.

Clearing cache should not break an app, but this seems typical for car-net.

snAKes said:
Maybe this is coincidence but I had recently cleared cache on my phone and was having this "no vehicle registered" problem. Every time I launched the app I would have to re-register. When I uninstalled the app and re-installed it everything worked fine.

Clearing cache should not break an app, but this seems typical for car-net.
That's happened twice to me so far.

That was good advice. A reinstall has it "working" again. Still doesn't report any data until you request the climate control, of course.

I've found that if I set the charge current (without changing it) thay it will update properly. If it's not plugged in I can also just hit start charging. Ridiculous that the app doesn't update on its own or have an update button.

REM said:
I've found that if I set the charge current (without changing it) thay it will update properly. If it's not plugged in I can also just hit start charging. Ridiculous that the app doesn't update on its own or have an update button.

iOS or Android? iOS has an update button at the bottom of the main screen of the app. (It used to be in the upper right of each screen as well, but they removed that with the latest update.)

Jeremy1026 said:
REM said:

iOS or Android? iOS has an update button at the bottom of the main screen of the app. (It used to be in the upper right of each screen as well, but they removed that with the latest update.)
Android doesn't have that button.

Back