VCDS fix for the climatronic at 72F / 22C - working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReneM

First post for me on this forum but I guess a lot of people will appreciate this.

I have tested quite a lot with VCDS and can now confirm that this fix works and let the car remember the last setting.

- choose module 8 (auto HVAC)
- Go to adaptions
- choose "cut-in behaviour"
- select active AND check soft reset
- press ok

Now it gets interesting. Most likely you will receive an error with a message like "function not supported in active session". Press ok. The module will soft reset itself (climatronic goes black for 3 seconds).

- select active again (don't exit the module)
- press ok
- the controller should accept the request!

Sing hallelujah and forget messing with the AC in the future!

noiy3a.jpg

I have been greatly enjoying this forum for the last few weeks... finally posting! :D

Did not feel like dealing with the dealer to fix this most annoying feature, so had been searching everywhere for this tweak... was fired up to find something I could try.

Implemented it 3 days ago, and it has been working perfectly!

Thank you, ReneM!!!

now I guess I have to get a VCDS

has anyone figured out how to kill the autolock on the charging plug?

Just took delivery of my 2018 e-Golf here in Canada and was looking forward to trying this fix out. When I try this I get an error saying something like "value out of range". When I do it again, I get a different error saying "the value was rejected by the module/controller and likely won't work" (or something to that effect). The result is the value won't change from in-active to active. Anyone been able to change this behavior on a newer e-Golf?

flyboy320 said:
Just took delivery of my 2018 e-Golf here in Canada and was looking forward to trying this fix out. When I try this I get an error saying something like "value out of range". When I do it again, I get a different error saying "the value was rejected by the module/controller and likely won't work" (or something to that effect). The result is the value won't change from in-active to active.

Same with a 2017 US SEL.

EDIT: answered my question in another thread . will be bringing my car to the dealer because of this TSB.

Update : brought my car in to VW and they responded with " look on page 153-160 for programming instructions "

BomBoi said:
EDIT: answered my question in another thread . will be bringing my car to the dealer because of this TSB.

Update : brought my car in to VW and they responded with " look on page 153-160 for programming instructions "

Ha! I think they need some more time with the training materials.

I just had this done (2017 US SEL+DAP). The service manager seemed completely aware of the issue and there was no charge. Mind you, this is a dealer in a state where the e-Golf isn’t even sold, underscoring the variable quality of dealer service departments.

The receipt says “Turned on adaptation in climate control for channel 5 (AC startup).” When I get a chance I’ll do a post sevice VCDS scan to see exactly what changed.

So, thank you University Volkswagen in Seattle WA.

seacycle said:
The receipt says “Turned on adaptation in climate control for channel 5 (AC startup).” When I get a chance I’ll do a post sevice VCDS scan to see exactly what changed.

Looking forward to this as I have been unable to change it on my 2018, keeps failing with VCDS.

flyboy320 said:
seacycle said:

Looking forward to this as I have been unable to change it on my 2018, keeps failing with VCDS.

I ran a full controller map in VCDS (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Control_Module_Maps) and compared to the pre-service map. The only thing changed is in Auto HVAC (08), where:

Code:
MAS07251-Cut-in behavior,not activated ,1

is now:

Code:
MAS07251-Cut-in behavior,activated ,1

No coding changes. So what needs to be changed is clear. How to do it with VCDS remains less clear.

I haven’t tried yet but a user over at the Ross-tech forums says he has found an answer to this problem.

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?14022-Changing-climatronic-on-e-Golf-to-remember-last-setting&p=186802#post186802

I have been trying to figure out the instructions on RT but have not had any luck.

Not sure how to execute "All needed is a switch to the engineering session (4F) prior to changing the value."

I copied the label file to the specified directory, but don't know if it is being used (or valid).
I think I need to figure out how to do: "which will allow the SA "S12345" to switch to the developer/engineering session".

Might work, I just don't know how to implement this proposed solution.

I have had not luck with the dealer in the past. Hoping to do this myself some day.....

Amadeus said:
I have been trying to figure out the instructions on RT but have not had any luck.

Not sure how to execute "All needed is a switch to the engineering session (4F) prior to changing the value."

I copied the label file to the specified directory, but don't know if it is being used (or valid).
I think I need to figure out how to do: "which will allow the SA "S12345" to switch to the developer/engineering session".

Might work, I just don't know how to implement this proposed solution.

I have had not luck with the dealer in the past. Hoping to do this myself some day.....

I have tried to get it to work with the clb file but I doesn't work. You put the file in the Labels\User directory and then when when you select module 8 (auto HVAC), you then select Security Access, then use code S12345. Assuming it works (accepts the code), you then select Developer Mode in Adaptation. I never get to this step since it gives an error when I enter the S12345 code.

Back