Delayed charging issue might be a target for class action

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mille

I love my e-Golf, but the delayed charging problem is a significant problem which needs to be rectified immediately. The cost of charging during peak hours in the summer is substantial, not to mention the cost of not having enough charge on the battery to go to work in the morning. VW should engage with the owners and come up with a RELIABLE interface which should be accessible from the entertainment center. The interface should include options to set a start time for charging, and an automatic unlock of the charging plug when charging is finished allowing for easy sharing of a charging station.

Should the carrot and shaming fail I think we would have a case for a class action suit since the product failed to deliver a vital feature promised in the sales prospectus.

E-Golf driver since January 2015

Good idea, but I think there's a better solution. Class-action suits often lead to minimal benefit to consumers - maybe you'd get a free service.

I simply called car-net and voiced my concern about the problem with the delayed charging and my having to charge during peak hours. They got back to me in one day and told me (last week) that the problem is scheduled to be fixed in 3-weeks. Additionally, they are sending me a check for $400 for my inconvenience.

I suggest you give car-net a call.

Back