VW to convert two ICE production plants to EV production

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manybees

https://chargedevs.com/newswire/vol...-german-factories-to-electric-vehicle-plants/

Plants located in Emden and Hanover plus the plant in Zwickau will be dedicated fully to EV production.

"'We are moving at full speed into the production of EVs. Emden and Hanover are to be further model plants in Germany. Together with Zwickau, they will form the largest network for the production of EVs in Europe,' HR Board Member Gunnar Kilian said."

Even when the e-Golf is no longer made, it sounds like we'll definitely have a number of options from VW.

NeilBlanchard said:
And the I.D. Buzz - which is an awesome reinterpretation of the VW microbus.

Sign me up for an EV version of a microbus. That thing looks truly stunning.

manybees said:
NeilBlanchard said:
And the I.D. Buzz - which is an awesome reinterpretation of the VW microbus.

Sign me up for an EV version of a microbus. That thing looks truly stunning.

yeah, but will it be totally under-powered and have an awful heater, if not what's the point;-) beauty is only skin deep. I drove one around Clearwater FL in the late 60s and it was a blast! It didn't matter down there that the heater was basically useless.

Yeah, you can't have a true VW Microbus experience if it isn't loud, slow, and dangerous to drive in the slightest crosswind :lol: Oh and your legs serve as the front crumple zone :eek:

RonDawg said:
Yeah, you can't have a true VW Microbus experience if it isn't loud, slow, and dangerous to drive in the slightest crosswind :lol: Oh and your legs serve as the front crumple zone :eek:

Had a '77 transporter... and yeah, I left a LOT of space between myself and the car in front of me... due to that crumple zone.

JoulesThief said:
RonDawg said:

Had a '77 transporter... and yeah, I left a LOT of space between myself and the car in front of me... due to that crumple zone.

I believe Consumer Reports gave the 1977 Microbus its “Not Recommended” rating.

Did it still have 4 wheel drum brakes, or had VW finally updated them to front discs? I was surprised to find out that in Europe VW fitted some rear-cooled models with front discs as early as the late 60’s, yet my mother’s ‘71 Super Beetle still had 4 wheel drums.

RonDawg said:
JoulesThief said:
RonDawg said:

I believe Consumer Reports gave the 1977 Microbus its “Not Recommended” rating.

Did it still have 4 wheel drum brakes, or had VW finally updated them to front discs? I was surprised to find out that in Europe VW fitted some rear-cooled models with front discs as early as the late 60’s, yet my mother’s ‘71 Super Beetle still had 4 wheel drums.

I don't actually really remember... I think it had disc brakes. I know my 81 jetta diesel coupe with 1588 cc's and 52 smoky HPH had discs in front and drums in the rear.

Back