New Honda urban e vehicle, 125 mile range debuted in Ffurt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting design. If at 6'5", I can fit in it comfortably, like I can my 2015 SEL with enough height and enough legroom, I would certainly consider it replacing my e-Golf.

Honda, in general, makes excellent, super durable product, that has a high reliability factor, and the ability to train techs and service what they sell. The GF has had two CRV's dating back to 2008, kept the first one 10 years and replaced it. Zero warranty issues or maintenance problems in 150k miles.

I do, actually, really like the appearance of this prototype.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/first-official-pictures/honda/e-electric-ev/

For some reason that link isn't coming up for me. I read this one instead:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/geneva-auto-show/a26573060/honda-e-prototype-ev-concept-production-ready/

I'm a fan of Honda for making well-designed and engineered (though boring) cars. I expect this to be the same.

My thoughts on the article:
- It says they decided "they shouldn't compromise the EV's compact size for more range". Nice idea but I question if 125 miles will be enough for the American market given all the cars coming out soon with greater range.
- They say "the instrument panel is made entirely of digital screens" as if that's a feature. I detest having to use a touchpad to control the radio and the heater, like in the Prius Prime and the Tesla 3. It's the triumph of design over functionality. For this Honda though, looking at 13:48 in the video, at least the temperature controls seem to have physical knobs.
- The interviewer who admires the curves also thinks the Nissan Cube is a masterpiece of design. I can understand how designers love the Cube, but to the rest of the world it's quirky and ugly.

Man, I'm wearing my grumpy pants today. Still, I'll take the new Honda EV out for a test drive once it ships.

cctop said:
- It says they decided "they shouldn't compromise the EV's compact size for more range". Nice idea but I question if 125 miles will be enough for the American market given all the cars coming out soon with greater range.

My understanding was that it wouldn't be sold in North America -- European markets only.

Back