App climate-control after 6-month carnet trial

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ether100

Hi,

I'm interested in the 2019 eGolf, but I'm hesitant to pay for a Carnet subscription after the trial period.

Could someone tell me what specific functions (if any) are still active for free after the trial period? is it possible to precondition the car using the climate control function without paying for Carnet?

Thanks
Wilhelm

I haven't paid anything for car-net and I've had the car for over 1 year. When I had my 2015 e-Golf for three years, I paid nothing. In any case, I always set charging schedule and preconditioning the cabin from the in car screen. I don't see why you need to pay for car-net after the three year trial is over.

You get two years of ‘EV functions’ (remote charging control and I thiiiiiiink remote climate control, but maybe they bundle that into the premium features)

Thank you both for your replies. Can anyone else confirm the actual policy for the 2019 model year? (as the trial period is no longer 3-years)

ether100 said:
Thank you both for your replies. Can anyone else confirm the actual policy for the 2019 model year? (as the trial period is no longer 3-years)

It is now 2 years.

Thank you. What functions are still accessible after the trial period?

And how well does the scheduled preconditioning from within the infotainment system work?

Scheduling via infotainment is identical to via car-net. It’s honestly easier to do it in the infotainment unit. Car-net lets you change the schedules when not in the car, but the options are the same and all it does is transmit the new settings to the infotainment via the cellular connection

Back