Sacramento Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sactogolf

Just bought a 2019 eGolf. A few questions:

- Hopefully will not experience any issues. But if I do, which dealers have the best service techs trained in eGolfs? I have serviced my ICE VW at Lasher Downtown. Convenient but a small shop.

- Anyone attempted the trip to Tahoe via I-80? I assume you need at least one stop on the way up, but interested to hear experiences. Not sure how a DCFC combines with the hard climb. I may never try it, but just curious.

- Any tips for charging in the heat of summer? I am not too worried, but thinking I plan to keep the car below 80% capacity most of the time (don't generally need the range) and avoid charging in the heat of the day.

Thanks!

Tahoe should be a piece of cake. I have driven up to Bass Lake and Buck's Lake (starting from Mountain View) with no issues. Plan out your route with Plugshare or abetterrouteplanner.com, but whether you need 1 or 2 stops depends on how fast you drive, how cold it is, the distance you plan to travel, etc. If you plan ahead you will make it.

For summer heat, try to park in the shade, charge at night past midnight when it's cooler and keep pack below 80% SoC when you don't need the full range and you will increase the longevity of the battery pack.

Back