Does Remote Battery State View Require Car Net Subscription

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am currently under my trial period for Car Net and my trial runs through Dec. The only car net feature I find useful is the remote vehicle charging state view that tells me how much the battery charge is. Does this feature alone require car net in an e-golf or can I get this view without a paid car net subscription? I have asked around and I have received two answers. one said e-golfs have this visibility without the car net subscription and another person said I need the car net subscription. My previous Nissan Leaf and BMW i3 both had this visibility without any paid plan.

What is the correct answer?

Sparklebeard said:
Battery charge status and remote AC are available for two years from date of purchase for free on e-Golf.

After that $$$

Thanks for this answer. After 2 years, will this feature require full paid car net subscription or is there another rate plan that provides just this capability?

Just look at your gas gauge needle before you shut your car down, and remember where it's at. Just a new habit you need to develop, that's all.

Also learn how many miles of travel you can add, in a hour of charging time, for future reference, because it's just good to know these statistics.

https://www.vw.com/models/e-golf/trims/2019/se/edit/tab/summary/options/gwo4wo4/

It says 3 years at this VW 2019 e-Golf link. Did you only get 2 years for your 2019? I think VW owes you another year.

Back