Is there a Battery life indicator on used 2016 e-golf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelG

I am unfamiliar with the vehicle, but I have test driven a 2016 model and I really like it. I understand that the Nissan Leaf has a "bar" indicator on the dash that gives some indication as to life of the battery. Is there something similar on the egolf? I am really trying to insure that I purchase a vehicle that has a battery that is still in good shape.

I have read the thread, but is unclear to me what I should be looking for once I have this device. I am wondering if a dealer would allow me to plug it in before I purchase the vehicle. Where is the connector located?

OBDII ports in cars that have them are located to the left of the steering wheel under the dashboard - this is the legally required location.

Maybe better to ask forgiveness then ask permission? If you test drive with a partner, you can plug in the dongle while the partner reads the data. Or just bring car to a mechanic for inspection and take your time away from dealership prying eyes.

There are threads here that describe where to find battery health.

MichaelG said:
Explain why. I ask because there doesn't appear to be any of those available yet.

2017+ has bigger battery, so more range. If the range on the 15 and 16 meets your needs there's no reason not to buy one at the right price.

Sparklebeard said:
MichaelG said:
Explain why. I ask because there doesn't appear to be any of those available yet.

2017+ has bigger battery, so more range. If the range on the 15 and 16 meets your needs there's no reason not to buy one at the right price.

Would anyone have any idea when the 2017 cars may be coming off lease. I could be patient.

I did find a 2016 with a little over 10K miles. The price is attractive. I am just a little concerned that don't have anyway of knowing the state of the battery until I have owned for a little while.

MichaelG said:
Sparklebeard said:
MichaelG said:

Would anyone have any idea when the 2017 cars may be coming off lease. I could be patient.

Auto leases are commonly 3 years, though some are shorter. So for MY 2017, just do the math.

Back