Web portal and IOS app issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdesai

I have been unable to get some key features working on the web portal and the iphone app:
1. can't create new profiles to set battery charging parameters
2. start/stop charging doesn't work
3. iphone app doesn't show any driving data.

I called VW, got transferred to various support levels, but no luck for the last two weeks. They can duplicate the problem but haven't done anything to resolve it.

Looking for suggestions to solve these issue or how to get a better response from VW

TD,

Doesn't help, but unfortunately I am in the exact boat as you. I already did the latest TSB updates, and have been working with a engineer/case manager for the past 2 weeks without any success. I called in again today to ask for an update, and the tech support rep had the audacity to state that I didn't provide what version of IoS I was running and that was the hold up on their end from researching the next steps. Incredible.

I was in the same situation - No Driving Data. I finally got someone on the phone at CarNet and they told me to take it to the dealership and tell them to call CarNet support - they have a procedure for the technician to do something in the car. My dealership applied the TSB and talked at length with CarNet and VW people. Now everything works as expected, but they had the car for 3 days figuring everything out.

You could also try the 12V reboot trick.

Update: car.net support folks were not much help. I think they abandoned any effort to fix the problem. Called VW customer service, they asked me to take the car to the dealership. The car has been with the dealer for 2 days, no luck so far. Dealer rep tells me my car had all the latest updates when I took it in. They can't figure out what is wrong. They are working with the factory to debug the problem. This evening they asked for the second car key, apparently whatever they were trying needed both the keys. I am getting regular updates from the dealer and VW, even if it is just to tell me that the problem is still unresolved. The VW regional case manager called today to say that problem is likely with the order in which the SW is installed and they working to fix it. I am told they should have it fixed tomorrow.

Update: Day 3, got the car back. I am able to create profiles, change charging current values, get driving data through web portal and iOS app. Apparently the last problem had to do with the modem parking on some unknown network instead of AT&T. Didn't get any other details of what else transpired to get to the solution. Good, regular follow through from VW regional case manager and the dealer representative.

Back