2017 SEL vs 2019 SE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all, I'm real close to pumping on the E-Golf train and my area seems to have a lot of newer SE models, but just a couple of SELs. In your opinion is there any reason not to go with a 2017 SEL premium over one of the more common 2019 SE models when both are around the same price and miles? Two more years on the battery warranty seems like the big one but maybe I'm missing something cool about the 2019s that the 17s don't have. Thanks!

Besides price, condition, mileage, remaining warranty, etc., there is only ONE scenario that I can think of where the features of a 2019 SE outweigh a 2017 SEL, and that scenario is:

The 2019 SE has the optional driver's assistance package (blind spot monitor and adaptive cruise control) while the 2017 SEL also had those features optional. You can easily tell if the 2017 SEL has it by checking if it has digital gauge cluster. If the 2017 SEL has the digital cluster, it has all the safety features of the 2019 SE and then some. For the 2019 SE, you'd have to check the side view mirrors to see if it has blind spot monitoring.

Back