Higher Mileage Buying Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bdr

Hi All,

I’m new here, looking at buying a used e-Golf and seeking some expert advice. The one I’m looking at is CPO, 2019 SE with drivers assistance package, 27,000 miles, price is around $17,500. Living in and has always been registered in the NW USA. Seems like a good deal to me, but wondering about the higher mileage. Is that necessarily a dealbreaker? Is that why the price seems good, or should I be on the lookout for any other issues? I know that knowing how it was charged makes a big difference in how the battery is affected, but is there a way to find this out? I have a commute if about 60 miles/day, so I need range to be solid, especially in winter.

Anyway, would love to hear any thoughts anyone might have here. Thanks for any advice you can give!

Good that it "lived" in a moderate climate. I don't think 27,000 miles is too high. Checking other local sales would give you more insight into a good price, and maybe there are cheaper cars. I don't know how you find out how many DCFC sessions the car saw - I have not found that data yet. Can you ask the owner how the car was used and charged (not guaranteed to be accurate, though)? The best test is to charge it to full and then run the pack down to ~10% State of Charge to get an estimate of pack range, or plug in an OBD2 dongle and use OBDEleven to read the usable pack energy if you can't take a ~100 mile journey. I think you'lll be able to get 60 miles easily on a full charge, even in the winter, as I suspect on the highway in ~60F, 65 mph, you should still be able to get well over 100 miles with the HVAC turned on, in Eco mode (I always drive in Eco mode, so don't have a sense of range in Normal mode). Having the driver assistance package is nice - I wish my car had that.

Can you charge at home at 240V?

I’ve got about that many miles on my 2019 and live in western WA. I have DC charged maybe a dozen times and never back to back. I have not noticed any degradation. You should be good to go for a 60 mile commute for a long time. The factory 8 year warranty will cover you for a while yet.

Back