rejuvenation swaps / 90% charge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mccdeuce

I commute 35 miles each way. The e-Golf is a great car for doing this and I am extremely happy. (2019 e-Golf SE)

1) I use the ease of swapping rejuvenation modes like a stick shift and will switch a lot. Generally staying in Level 1, but increasing it as I come towards traffic or stop light/sign or general need to slow. Is this a bad idea? Cause any form of damage? VAG/COM capability to turn off the "pop-up" notification of status and just have the icon?

2) I like the idea of only charging to 90% on a regular basis. Is there any way to program a max charge of 90% and still use the charge now button? Or do I have to use the schedule? Any tricks to make it act like charge now but max of 90%?

Thanks for any tips/thoughts/advice.

1. I do something similar but only once or twice a year on my return trip from the mountains. Anything mechanical will eventually break, so if you are constantly adjusting modes, the selector is likely to wear out sooner than otherwise. I have not advice on screen displays.

2. In the e-manager set minimum SoC to 90%.

2. In the e-manager set minimum SoC to 90%.

I see how to set the settings of a max charge for a delayed charge but when I do not seem to get that as an option for immediate charge. Feel like I am missing something here.

understand that part - but I can only seemingly tell the system to charge based on a location for delayed charging.

which is fine. I can manage the delayed charging settings.

my understanding - brake pedal engages the brakes. by selecting rejuvenation modes, you are regulating how much the motor (in generator mode) is slowing the vehicle and using the kinetic energy to charge the battery.

Brake pedal operation does not change with regeneration mode. Depending on brake pressure, regen is first provided, then friction braking after that. You can watch this in real time (if you are careful) by looking at the power gauge. With increasing brake pedal pressure, you will see needle move more and more into the "Charge" portion of the power gauge. When you have pushed hard enough on the brake pedal that you have maxed out the charge (needle pointing horizontally to the left), the friction brakes will engage.

Regen modes only affect how the car slows via regen when your foot is off the brake pedal.

Just to be clear -

PUSHING THE BRAKE PEDAL RECHARGES THE BATTERY.

If you need to slam on the brakes such that the friction brakes engage, you were going to do that with or without Regen engaged.

Back