Personal Scooter Project + VW eGolf Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

My name is Bruno and I live in Brazil. I would like to share a personal project that I started last year at the beginning of the pandemic.

A while ago I saw a project for a mini motorcycle with Volkswagen Beetle fenders. An American cut some pieces of the fenders and put them together to assemble the mini-bike fairing. I thought it was amazing, but I'm suspicious to say because I really like Volkswagen Beetle =)

I decided to start the project, but for an electric version. I have spent the last few months working on it and this experience has been fantastic! I learned many new things that are not part of my daily life, for example about cycling, 3D software modeling, properties of carbon steel alloys, aluminum alloys, electric motors, lithium batteries. And the coolest thing about it all, I started connecting with a lot of people!

I bought some parts of the e-Golf to use on the mini bike. And I would like to integrate into the electrical circuit.

• 5GE915211WHI Display unit flap for storage tray satin
  • 5GE898700 Flap for storage tray
  • 5GE810773B Actuator

These pieces have not arrived yet. Can somebody who is familiar with electric vehicles and their CAN messages help me with some questions?

• To trigger the Actuator, do I need to send any CAN message or only electrical signal? If it's a CAN message, would you know what it looks like? 5GE810773B

• Do you know how this display works? 5GE915211

Thank you in advance for your attention!

Thank you very much!!

I have no knowledge of CAN bus commands. All of the parts you show are associated with charging the car - I do not understand the term "storage tray" as these parts are for charging. I can tell you the 5GE915211 display is associated with controlling and monitoring car charging - the buttons let the driver choose immediate charging or delayed charging, and the LED indicates how the charging is progressing (active, done, delayed) or if there is a charging fault. Best of luck!

f1geek said:
I have no knowledge of CAN bus commands. All of the parts you show are associated with charging the car - I do not understand the term "storage tray" as these parts are for charging. I can tell you the 5GE915211 display is associated with controlling and monitoring car charging - the buttons let the driver choose immediate charging or delayed charging, and the LED indicates how the charging is progressing (active, done, delayed) or if there is a charging fault. Best of luck!

Hi f1geek! Thank you very much for the feedback! =)

"storage tray" is the name that Volkswagen itself gave to this part. But your understanding is correct, the codes I passed are referring to the reloading parts of the e-Golf, according to the last images I posted.

Do you know if the operation of these buttons and the actuator is only electrically activated (without CAN message)?

Back