f1geek

Re: L2 Charging keeps trying to charge after 100% reached

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:34 am

Nice that you got an expensive new charge port but clearly your car didn't need it. Sorry you've had to make so many trips to the dealer. The error code sounds to me like a bad connection or ground wire somewhere in your car. Maybe take a very close look at all of the electrical connections related to the on board charger? Do you see any connectors that look damaged or loose or see any ground (brown in color) wires that are not secure?

I would continue to complain to the regional VW manager. Does the dealer that serviced your car sell ID.4s? If not, maybe you need to take it to a dealer that does as I would hope an ID.4 dealer has technicians who are better trained than those at pure ICE sellers.
2017 e-Golf LE, Multi Coat White with Black Vegan Leather interior

quincy

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:44 am

I don't see any visible issues. They sell ID4's, but the service rep who was overseeing the repair told me that they don't really know how to service EV's yet and that it will probably be years before they are trained. Apparently they consult with VW headquarters and headquarters tells them what to do next. It sounds to me like the onboard charger needs to be replaced. I am asking them if they can give me a replacement vehicle.

f1geek

Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:03 pm

Ok. I wonder if it is a bad on board charger, bad communication cable or bad CPU? This will certainly require a technician with EV expertise to diagnose.

quincy

Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:02 am

That sounds correct. I assumed they were going to replace the onboard charger initially, but the just did the cables.

f1geek

Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:10 pm

And is the repeated charging requests problem gone?

Return to “Technical Discussions”