eGolf wheel & tire recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the Dallas GTI stock tires on and the car handles much better. It does seems a little slower 0-30mph but nothing major.
Range difference is minimal so far.
Car looks MUCH better.

Put Conti WinterContact SI on CRW alloy rims for the winter, stock sizes. Fit fine, no problems, look great. No snow or ice yet, but much better in the rain. They also seem quieter than the Ecopias. No difference I can feel in handling, but the grip is great (I'm running them at 43 psi vs. the recommended 41 psi). Maybe 10% penalty in range, but hard to quantify because of increased use of heater, lights, wipers etc.

Driven in the snow now, absolutely great grip. Thoroughly recommend.

Just my 2 cents...

I recently installed Michelin X-Ice Snow tires on cheap alloy wheels (the dealer could not find compatible steel wheels) for my 2019 e-Golf. I was rather surprised to see no noticeable decrease in range during the first couple of drives. Perhaps this should not be surprising, since these tires have very low rolling resistance. I have not yet encountered snow or ice, but I am sure they will do much better than the stock Ecopias.

supramann94 said:
Does anyone know how much the stock wheels weigh (aluminum alloy 16”)?

I'll find out tomorrow. They will be putting on new Yokahama Avid Ascend tires recommended by VW for LOW ROLLING RESISTANCE. Those tires they say weigh 21lb.
It's about 24 lb. 23.8 on my bathroom scale.

Ok finally took the plunge and upgraded the wheels and tires. Found the lightest reasonably priced flow formed alloys , Fastwheels FC04 in 18x8 with 5mm spacers on the rear and 225/40-18 Conti Pure Contact (excellent low rolling resistance and grip) same as others have found with about 10% loss of range but I’m hoping adding some ground effects might claw some back. My drive is very steep and curvy so the handling is more important and I can make it to work and back and only charge at work so totally worth it.

Back