Are Crossclimate 2 tyres BEST ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking to change my tyres to a decent set for both better grip and minimal loss of range.

Are Michelin Crossclimate 2 really the best choice or is there anything better?

I'm currently looking to keep the standard wheels as I will probably trade the car in after a few years.

Why not stick with OEM tires? I am guessing VW engineers did a lot of work to a tire with the optimum specs for range and grip. What does Michelin claim about their tires? Have you found any tire tests that suggest "best" choice?

The standout feature of the CrossClimate series of tires is that they are a true All Weather tire with winter "3 Mountain Peak Snowflake" rating. If that is useful to you, then it's a great tire that doesn't have a huge range penalty on an EV.

For me, the range loss since I replaced the Ecopias with a set of CrossClimate 2 tires is about 5%. The Ecopias were 5 years old and had about 25K miles on them. I've had the CC2's for about 6 months and have driven 2500 miles on them.

Well after much deliberation I decided to replace all 4 tyres with Crossclimate 2.

In the UK, Kwikfit garages are currently running a promotion with Michelin tyres 15% off when you buy 4. This came in at £302 fully fitted including various free checks of wheel alignment, brakes and battery (normal).

I live in a town full of roundabouts so was able to put the car and tyres through a thorough test and WOW what a massive improvement in grip over the Bridgestone T001. Almost 100% traction on heavy cornering and no wheel spin from a standing start.

Just need some heavy rain but I highly recommend these for anyone who finds the standard tyres have poor grip.

I have cross climate 2’s on mine also. No noticeable range degradation, but a far superior riding and handling tire over the factory Ecopias. They’re great in the snow too. Chicago here, so plenty of first hand experience with that.

Several Bolt drivers reported 15% loss in range CrossClimate 2 compared to OEM Energy Saver tire (these are neck-to-neck with Ecopia 422)
www.chevybolt.org/threads/just-purchased-the-michelin-crossclimate-2.36168

Back