Car-net and delayed charging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All, the chargepoint charger has worked flawlessly the past week. I come home, plug it in and it charges exactly when it is configured to do so. I can manually start a charge via the app if necessary. Clippercreek has generously offered to provide me with an upgraded model for free, which does not suffer from this issue. I will ask for a refund as the new one needs to be hardwired and would incur some extra cost to have an electrician install it. Very pleased with the chargepoint unit.

-Powda

With the Chargepoint Home (or Juicebox) is there a way to have it automatically charge to a minimum like 50% immediately and then delay the remainder of the charge until early morning?

snAKes said:
With the Chargepoint Home (or Juicebox) is there a way to have it automatically charge to a minimum like 50% immediately and then delay the remainder of the charge until early morning?
When an e-Golf is working properly, it will do this by itself on any EVSE. I don't know any other car or EVSE that can do this. For an EVSE to do it, there would have to be communication with the car for it to know the battery level. You could probably do it manually by setting two charging windows and calculating the time required for each phase. Not worth the effort IMHO.

Understood, I'm considering abandoning Car-net but that's a function I currently use but wouldn't get. The reasons I use 50% minimum are 1) so I don't leave the battery in a depleted state for several hours each day waiting for the delay, and 2) in case I need to run an errand later in the evening. I commute 80 miles per day so when I get home my battery is mostly depleted.

This 50% minimum doesn't actually cut off charging for me BTW, I still have a case open (http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=348)

"miimura"]When an e-Golf is working properly, it will do this by itself on any EVSE. I don't know any other car or EVSE that can do this. For an EVSE to do it, there would have to be communication with the car for it to know the battery level. You could probably do it manually by setting two charging windows and calculating the time required for each phase. Not worth the effort IMHO.

Back