Charges completely instead of delaying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snAKes

Delayed charging worked once but not the past two nights. It just charges until full rather than delaying. I have my minimum set to 50% so it should charge to 50% and stop until delayed charging kicks in. (The reason I use 50% is because I can't depend on Car-Net delayed charging)

Most of the time I can't get the app to show "Next planned departure time". When I do get it to show, it works properly, but the next evening it doesn't work again.

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm using Android.

When "Next planned departure time" doesn't show up I just go the departure times screen and then go back and then it shows up.

This is on my Galaxy Nexus with old version of Android.

The cellphone that I use at the moment, an HTC One M8(with android 5.0) does not work at all! I'm reluctant to call Car-net to try and have it fixed for fear of messing up what I do have working.

Thanks. I have cleared cache, data, uninstalled & re-installed the app. Seems to be showing "next planned departure time" a little more reliably now. That screen doesn't seem to refresh unless there's an actual change in status, which is fine but gives you the feeling that it doesn't work.

I'll report back if this helps.

I called Car-Net about it and they created a case but wanted me to take it back to the dealer before they escalate it to the second level.

I checked a couple of hours later and "Next departure time" changed to Friday even though the current schedule is Monday-Thursday. I'm discussing that issue here: http://www.myvwegolf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=341

But rather than wait until Friday to charge, it decided to ignore the schedule completely and go ahead and charge fully.

So I'm back to "Charges completely instead of delaying".

I just don't see many others reporting this issue, so I have a feeling it's unique to me. I've tried setting the schedule via Web as well and have similar issues.

One thing to note is that initially the first thing I did was rename the "Factory Default" charging location from my app. Later I noticed on the Web it says you cannot rename it, so that's a bug in the mobile app. I renamed it back to Factory Default in the app, but I wonder if this somehow messed up my whole account. Car-Net first-level support said they can't reset my account to defaults. The don't want to escalate my case unless I go back to the dealer, but I will call back and try to press the issue.

I tried to do multiple departures active at a time but I couldn't figure out how transitions happen in the Car-net stuff. It wasn't what I expected so I just enable all days and have one departure time active at a time.

I have changed my schedule to every day, and it only works for the following morning. It shows next departure time as 5:00 AM tomorrow morning and it delays properly and completes on time.

The next day it goes back to no "next departure time.." and when I plug it in it charges fully and ignores the schedule.

So each day I have to go in and fiddle with the app and reapply schedules until it shows next departure time. The schedule updates take 15-30 minutes, so this is incredibly frustrating and time consuming.

I'm starting to think I need to go back to the dealer and have them re-apply the TSB. I just don't see others reporting these same issues, so it must just be my car.

snAKes said:
I have changed my schedule to every day, and it only works for the following morning. It shows next departure time as 5:00 AM tomorrow morning and it delays properly and completes on time.

The next day it goes back to no "next departure time.." and when I plug it in it charges fully and ignores the schedule.

So each day I have to go in and fiddle with the app and reapply schedules until it shows next departure time. The schedule updates take 15-30 minutes, so this is incredibly frustrating and time consuming.

I'm starting to think I need to go back to the dealer and have them re-apply the TSB. I just don't see others reporting these same issues, so it must just be my car.
How is the Verizon cellular signal where the car is parked when you're working with the scheduling? The car needs to be reachable by the "mother ship" in order for these things to work. This is yet another reason why charge scheduling should not depend on the cloud.

Edit: Anyway, your situation is not normal. If the "Doors & Locks" function in the App can update in less than 2 minutes, then I don't really think connectivity is your problem. I would start by opening a case with CarNet and get it escalated to their Tech Support department. They should be able to tell you if you need to take the car to a dealer.

I went back to the dealer yesterday and had them re-apply the settings from the TSB. So far delayed charging is working much better, and changing the charge schedules from the app work much better.

Schedule changes occur within ~30 seconds most of the time. Schedule changes were taking up to 15 minutes before.

I have very good Verizon Wireless coverage in my garage.

Update: Still not working. Still charges to MAX and does not stop after 50% and wait for the delay like it should. Interestingly if my location is set to 90% it will stop at 90% and not 100%.

Have been to 3 different dealers and have an escalated case with VWoA.

VW engineers found a fault in the logs of the charger and are sending out a new charger. I don't have much confidence that this will work but it's something.

I have a feeling that not many people use this feature much, but I use 50% minimum so I don't leave the battery in a depleted state for several hours each day waiting for the delay, and in case I need to run an errand later in the evening. I commute 80 miles per day so when I get home my battery is mostly depleted.

snAKes said:
Update: Still not working. Still charges to MAX and does not stop after 50% and wait for the delay like it should. Interestingly if my location is set to 90% it will stop at 90% and not 100%.
Have you tried setting a location to 50% for a delayed schedule that takes effect in the time frame before your "real" schedule kicks in?

jack8trades said:
snAKes said:
Have you tried setting a location to 50% for a delayed schedule that takes effect in the time frame before your "real" schedule kicks in?

Good idea, I'll set an overlapping daily schedule @ 50% for 11 PM and test it next week. Thanks

snAKes said:
jack8trades said:
snAKes said:

Good idea, I'll set an overlapping daily schedule @ 50% for 11 PM and test it next week. Thanks

So, it's next week, plus over the weekend, how is it working?

TDINutz said:
snAKes said:
jack8trades said:

So, it's next week, plus over the weekend, how is it working?

The overlapping schedule seems to be working, although I haven't had a normal work schedule and was only able to test it once. It seems to be stopping at 50% now with this work-around.

Back