lease extension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fyfchu

I haven't read through the entire blog, but I thought I would update others on lease extensions. We got our 2019 e-golf at the end of May, 2019. In February this year we extended our lease by 6 months with a simple phone call to the credit end-of-lease department. They warned me, however, that we could only extend it 6 months.

Preparing for the November return date I decided to call the other day. I asked if we could extend the lease again. At first the person said VW didn't want to do that. I pointed out that they don't have any cars in the sales lot and deliveries of the ID.4 are at least 6 months. She relented, and said yes, they would let us extend the lease another 6 months, until 5/31/23. However, we would have to sign a new agreement (same terms).

It took a few days to complete this. We will keep our e-golf a full 4 years and then decide whether or not to buy the car at the end of the lease.

Back