Console storage compartment door stuck closed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solarEV

The storage compartment door in my 2017 SE won't open. I only had an iPhone cable in there so I assume that got wedged in somewhere. Can someone tell me where the latch is so I can poke around in there with something thin to see if I can release it? Thanks.

Update: I managed to get it open. The cable was preventing the door from being pushed down to release the latch. (Kind of a poor latch design, in my opinion) I could see the cable through the gap at the bottom of the door, and I was able to slide a thin piece of cardboard into the gap to push the cable out of the way. I'm just going to leave the door open from now on.

That happened to me just about every other time I closed it. After it pinched the shielding off my cable I stopped closing it. Its a shame, because it looks real nice when closed.

It has occurred a few times. I try to tightly coil the cable so it less likely to get caught. Defiantly a poor design.

I have also got the same problem. Poor design 😔.Now I am trying to solve the issue help please...

Back