Stopping Charging from Car-Net

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfennell

Found a new little annoying thing this morning. I wanted to stop my delayed charge early so I did from the Android app. Looked at the car later and it was charging. Hmmm...stopped it again, this time while watching the car. Turns out it stops charging, realizes it's set to a delay charge, and starts back up a few minutes later!

They really didn't exactly sweat the details on Car-Net, did they? :)

Evidently the folks that wrote that app don't own BEV's, and have no idea how a VW e-Golf works.

For the life of me, I wonder why you can't set a smart phone tone with a timer 15, or 10, or 5 minutes, or what every you want to set it to before your car is finished charging? Would be very useful at a public charging station to get a tone of some sort on your smart phone to check the message, so you can walk out and move your car from the charging station for someone else to use.

JoulesThief said:
Evidently the folks that wrote that app don't own BEV's, and have no idea how a VW e-Golf works.

For the life of me, I wonder why you can't set a smart phone tone with a timer 15, or 10, or 5 minutes, or what every you want to set it to before your car is finished charging? Would be very useful at a public charging station to get a tone of some sort on your smart phone to check the message, so you can walk out and move your car from the charging station for someone else to use.

I agree. It cannot be that difficult. The LEAF app texts you when the car is done (unless you turn off that feature).

Back