Wash. DC anyone? Looking for the best place for service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmndcha

I have an eGolf with about 1400 mi, new to me. At around 1000, it started having issues when I turned to the right. I could feel something through the brake or accelerator, like when a car was low on steering wheel fluid.

I took it to my dealer, they repaired a connection, said it was fixed. It was better, but not fixed. When I took it back, they said there were no indicators and everything is fine.

They don't work on many eGolfs, so I figured I would find a dealership that does. But after reading the forum, I'm wondering if there are many in the DC area.

If you have one in DC, who do you take the car to for service?

Anyone have an issue like the one I've described with turning?
Thanks

Try a dealership in Maryland, where e-Golfs are sold. I would think that the steering unit on the e-Golf is electrical, much like the TDI passat from 2012-2015, since VW is big on interchangeable parts on various platforms.

Thanks. I went to the dealership in Bethesda and they weren't able to find anything. Not sure if one of the others deal with eGolfs more, but I'll look into it.

An indicator light came on briefly tonight, so it may be now showing up as a problem that they will be able to detect and repair...

jmndcha said:
Thanks. I went to the dealership in Bethesda and they weren't able to find anything. Not sure if one of the others deal with eGolfs more, but I'll look into it.

An indicator light came on briefly tonight, so it may be now showing up as a problem that they will be able to detect and repair...

A MIL light or Check Engine light, usually yellow, stores a code that they can run a scan on and identify, hopefully fix it too. They do have an electromagnetic steering rack on them, fairly reliable on the Passat NMS version in the USA.

Great to know! It did flash yellow, and I haven't seen it since. If it stores it, they should be able to figure it out. Thanks!

Back