Radio changes station on startup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gd1256

Just got my 2015 eGolf and it fits my transportation needs perfectly. It has an intermittent problem. I'll have a radio station set when I shut off the car with the radio on. At times, when I re-start the car the radio will now be on a default like 87.5 instead of the station I had previously selected. Another problem involves a connected IPod. The selected source will be the iPod when I shut off the car. Sometimes, when I re-start, I will see a no so source selected message. Been to the dealer and they find no problems. Anyone else have this problem?

They all do that.

I discovered last week that it doesn't necessarily tune the radio to that station. I happened to notice I was listening to 105.5 once.

I find that if I leave the radio on when I push the car's on/off button to shut the whole car off, I have a much better chance of having the radio station it was left at remaining in tune. YMMV

JoulesThief said:
I find that if I leave the radio on when I push the car's on/off button to shut the whole car off, I have a much better chance of having the radio station it was left at remaining in tune. YMMV
I have a 2016 SE and it has never done that to me.

I guess it's an issue with the 2015's?

I have a 2016 SE, and something like this happens when I'm listening to the SD card as source.... Lets say i'm listening to a certain artist, when I turn the car on later I like to continue listening to the same artist. Every once in a while.... the system starts-up and begins playing the first artist from alphabetical order which is annoying. What i noticed is that when this happens it take a little longer for the system to start up in the beginning its as if the car is starting up from the first time.

Another glitch (at least in the 2015s) is that it will go to zero volume when switching between sources sometimes. I'll switch from listening to the radio at normal volume to BT audio and the volume will suddenly be zero. Sometimes it shows the speaker with a line through it but sometimes it's just turned all the way down. Does it at random, between different sources with no discernible pattern.

gd1256 said:
Just got my 2015 eGolf and it fits my transportation needs perfectly. It has an intermittent problem. I'll have a radio station set when I shut off the car with the radio on. At times, when I re-start the car the radio will now be on a default like 87.5 instead of the station I had previously selected. Another problem involves a connected IPod. The selected source will be the iPod when I shut off the car. Sometimes, when I re-start, I will see a no so source selected message. Been to the dealer and they find no problems. Anyone else have this problem?

yup, same issue here. 2015 which i leased on Jan 3, 2016.
Not all the time but more often recently. Wife got in the car and asked what i was listening to...radio was at 87.7 for some reason...
this along withe the climate control always at 72.

stupid defaults.

Back