CarNet app shows wrong vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GadgetGav

I have a weird issue with the CarNet app on my iPhone. It shows 'My Passat' instead of 'My eGolf' so I don't get the right features and controls.
I called the CarNet information line and they put me through to tech support when it first happened. Their best guess was that I hadn't set up my account through the website, so I went and did that. On the web, it shows as an eGolf (and the CarNet people knew I was calling from an eGolf). I deleted the iPhone app and hard reset my phone but when I downloaded the app again, it was still coming up as a Passat. It is connecting to my car because the range estimate matches the car's and I could see it go up while I was charging. I just don't have the right controls for charging or remote AC control etc.

Has anyone else seen an issue like this or have a suggestion as to what to try to fix it? My dealership is trying to figure it out with CarNet, but with the holiday it might be next week before they come up with an answer, so I thought I'd try asking the hive mind.

Well, it took a week or two, but someone hit reset at CarNet HQ and my app now shows the right vehicle.
Now I can try the features that were promised :)

Back